Saturday, March 8, 2008

Small Town Living

(This is an old draft of a post from 3/08 that I found when cleaning up my blog files. Sure made us reminisce about our beloved Lexington.)

If you haven't heard me say it before, I'll say it again...I LOVE our small town.

I love....

  • that I am usually one of only 3 people shopping at the grocery store after 8pm

  • that the only traffic is the VMI game day traffic on Saturday afternoon

  • that the streets of downtown are lined with American flags on the weekend

  • I see at least 3 people I know at Wal-Mart everytime I go

  • the ladies at the library know my daughter's names

  • our mechanic and dentist moved their families here 'just because it seemed like a great place to live'

  • that I realized I don't need a mall to survive winter with kids

No comments:

Post a Comment