Friday, March 14, 2008

City Driving

Yesterday I had to take Chuck to the airport in Baltimore. On our way into the city there was a major accident on the freeway (the opposite direction than we needed to go). It caused four lanes to go to only one. As we drove past miles and miles of dead stop traffic, I realized 1) This is one of the moments that I'm grateful to live in a small town, 2) I was going to have to drive back in the dead stop traffic.

After dropping off Chuck I opted to drive through downtown Baltimore in order to get to a different freeway that would take me back to my sister's house. As soon as we got into the city we almost immediately hit all of the unavoidable pot holes.
Leland says..... "Mommy it's too bumpy!"...... "Why is it so bumpy?"....."I feel sick!"....."Can you stop bumping?" Luckily she didn't get sick.

A little while later as I sat at a stoplight I watched a delivery truck trying to back into a unloading dock. His truck was obviously too tall to fit under the awning to back up far enough to be out of the lanes of traffic. So what did he do? Left his truck perpendicular in the street blocking a full lane of traffic, got out, and started to unload his truck! Seriously?!?! My light turns green and now I can't even go anywhere. I was so frustrated.

There are a few things I miss about Baltimore, mainly my sister and few friends that still live there. But I do not miss the ridiculous traffic and inconsiderate driving.

No comments:

Post a Comment