Saturday, March 8, 2008

My Sweet Husband

What's his name? Charles Edward Gates, Jr.
How long have you been married? 4 years
How long did you date? 10 months
How old is he? 31
Who eats more? Chuck. Except once he bet me $100 worth of new clothes that I couldn't eat a rack of ribs, order of chicken wings, and plate of fries all by myself. You better believed I downed that food and we went shopping a few days later.
Who is taller? Chuck
Who said 'I love you' first? I'm pretty sure it was me.
Who does the laundry? Me, but Chuck helps fold
Who does the dishes? We both do them
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Chuck
Who cooks dinner? Me
Who sings better? Chuck, He sang to me at our wedding!
Who drives when you are together? Chuck
Who is more stubborn? I don't think either of us are stubborn.
Who is smarter? Chuck is like a walking Encyclopedia. I am amazed at some of the things he knows.
Who kissed who first? I kissed Chuck
Who asked who out first? I asked out Chuck
Who proposed? I at least let him propose. We were driving back to Baltimore from NC really late at night. I had fallen asleep in the car and he woke me up while driving into downtown DC. He said he wanted to take a walk along the Tidal Basin. WHAT?? It was midnight, snow was on the ground, I was wearing PJs, was he nuts? I was a good sport and went for the walk anyways. Good thing because he asked me to marry him during our walk. It was great.
Who is more sensitive? Me - I cry at EVERYTHING.
Who has more friends? Me
Who has more siblings? Chuck has 5 sisters
Who wears the pants in the family? We each have one leg in.

Chuck is also a wonderful husband and father. He loves his one night a week (sometimes 2) alone with the girls. He works so hard at school for our family. I am so grateful for such a wonderful man in my life. I am looking forward to the eternities with him by my side.

6 comments:

  1. I love you two together. I think you bring the best out in each other. Great picture of Chuck and the girls. You guys are awesome parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO sweet...I had no idea you were so forward, Ashley! Can't wait to see you all in a few days!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you wore the pants when you were dating, I am glad you share them now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was great! So, Alan and I are both wondering what song he sang you at your wedding since we didn't know you back then and still have a hard time imagining Chuck singing! Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To 1st daughter......Chuck sang "My Girl!!" If I remember correctly, his sisters sang back up. It was adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe Tine didn't know you were so forward. I guess she wasn't around during the high school days. Hee! Hee!

    ReplyDelete