Monday, September 1, 2008

Ladies Weekend

Last Friday was my mom's 60th Birthday! We had a ladies weekend in Charlottesville to celebrate. All the women in my family came from along the East coast to VA to celebrate: my grandmother (FL), Aunt Joan (NY), Aunt Barbara (VA), my mom (NC), cousin Cody (PA), Suzanne (NC), Christine (MD) and myself were all there. Even though it was a short visit we had so much fun. We walked around the shops at the downtown mall in Charlottesville, had lunch at Hamiltons, Gelato at Splendora's (a must if you are ever close by!), then back to my aunt Barbara's house for dinner and birthday fun.



Our evening was Hawaiian themed so we had hawaiian pizza, pina coladas, and wore leis. Somehow shower caps were thrown in there too. We had so much fun dancing, laughing, and playing Bunko. (below left: my mom with her 2 sisters and mother, right: my 2 sisters and I)


I don't get to see my grandmother that often and she is a riot! She is 79 years old going on 21. I love her. She was doing the Electric Slide, cheating at Bunko, and flaunting the flower bra and leopard shower cap like crazy. When I asked her what her favorite show was she said America's Next Top Model. Seriously!?!?


(Left) My cousin Cody- I think this should be her new Facebook profile picture. My mom (to the right) the birthday girl.

Thanks for getting us all together. It was so much just being together even if only for a short time. I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I am so grateful for my mother and all the things I have learned from her. She is a giving person and service comes very natural to her. I love you mom! Happy birthday!

3 comments:

  1. You sure are quick to blog...I love it! The weekend was wonderful. Thanks for all you did to make it possible. Like transporting NanaMom, feeding us yummy quiche, Sunday lunch and all the troubleshooting with the slideshow. Thanks Chuck for holding down the fort so Ashley could hang with us girls. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was such a fun weekend - I am so glad I have such great women in my family! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun time - Can I have a flower bra when I turn 60?? Save it for me, Donna....

    ReplyDelete