Friday, December 21, 2007

Ward Christmas Party

Note: We are trying to journal everything about our holiday so there may be excessive details.

We finally had our Ward Christmas party after being postponed for a week. I was pleasantly surprised with the turn out (about 120) considering the date was changed and it was on a Friday night. The decorations were simple but very nice. Greenery with candles on the tables, icicle lights on the walls and along the stage, snowflakes on the walls, and bare Christmas trees on the stage.

The dinner was yummy and we had plenty. I could not keep the punch bowl or water pitchers full. Next time I think I will put pitchers of water on each table and assign one person to keep the punch bowl full. We also had plenty of desserts.

The picture taking spot was a hit. I think lots of people took advantage of it. The Kid's craft area should have been more supervised and it got pretty trashed. I hope kids made things but I really have no idea.

The program was wonderful. O Holy Night (Danielle S. - flute, Ayisha M - violin, Margo E - piano) O Come Emmanuel (Leslie M - guitar/sing, Margo E - sing) What Child is This? (Spencer K - sing, Derrick E - guitar, Margo E - piano) Picture a Christmas (Primary children in Nativity costume) Away in a Manger (Primary, joined by crowd for 2nd and 3rd). They all did such a great job especially the primary children.

The Bishop sat with the children at the end of the evening and told them a Christmas story and gave them each a gift bag (Nativity stickers, pencil, candy cane, and PlayDo)

I felt like I was running myself ragged the whole time and didn't get to enjoy it or sit and visit as much as would have liked, but I think it was a success because those that were there enjoyed themselves. My neighbor came which was such a blessing. She helped with my girls while Chuck and I were running around and she took Lucy home with her while we stayed to clean up.

Clean up was quick. The YW wanted the decorations for their New Year's dance so we didn't have to take any of those down. The YW also helped a lot with clearing the tables. Not as many helped with the tables and chairs as Chuck would have liked. The extra food was taken to some families in the Ward.

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, I am so glad that things went off without a hitch! I think it was a great party and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. I can't wait for our next activity!

    ReplyDelete