Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Holiday Treats Time

I decided to make an assortment of treats this year to give as gifts to neighbors and friends. Leland has had a lot of fun helping make the treats and taking the plates to others houses. She keeps asking to go to the neighbor's houses again. It's been really fun and I think we will make it a December tradition.

I think Leland enjoyed helping "clean" the bowls and spoons the most. She was put on sprinkle duty for the pretzels. She got a little over zealous on some, but did a great job.

There are a few food blogs I look at and I always get a kick out of people taking pictures of their dinner. I felt my treats deserved a little blog love.

Homemade Oreo's, Cracker Toffee, and Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls

9 comments:

  1. They look yummy...now you need to post the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Now I need the recipe for those chocolate covered peanut butter balls...are they in the cookbook? I'm serious, please post, they look SO good. My tummy thanks you in advance :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I am so excited to come live close enough that I can come one weekend and do this with you next year. It will be so fun to live close enough to you that I can get to know you better (and eat your yummy treats!).
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Next year we will have to attempt the Chocolate Truffles and Toffee on page 428 & 429 of the cookbook. My friend Maren makes them and they are SOOO yummy! I haven't had to make them b/c she does it for me here. But next year w/o her, we will have to attempt it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. those look so good ashley! I spent all day yesterday making cookies too! & yes, share the recipe for the pranut butter balls, I was actually wishing I knew how to make those yesterday & almost emialed Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow check you out, those look amazing and delicious. Good job!

    ReplyDelete