Saturday, December 15, 2007

Postponed

As many of you may know, Chuck and I are the Activities chair for our ward. Well tonight was our big Christmas Party that has consumed my life for the last few weeks. It was postponed (to Friday 21st) due to the forecast of a major ice storm. Many of the members of our ward travel 30-40 mins to church. When you live in the rural mountains there are many windy roads and deer that can be dangerous. And for any of you that may not know - an ice storm is way worse than a snow storm. 4 wheel drive means nothing if you're driving on ice.

Chuck was relieved because he is right in the middle of finals and now he can spend the day studying instead of getting everything set up and organized for the party. Although next Friday he has his last exam from 2pm-5pm and the party starts at 6pm, so he won't be much help setting up then but will be able to enjoy the party more. Some wanted to have the party on next Sat night, but we will be gone by then and I told them it would be without us, so Friday it is.

As for me it's pretty anti-climatic. My whole week was spent preparing for this party now I have to wait another week for it to be carried out. I kept telling myself "When the party's done then I can ...send our Christmas cards, finish my shopping, prepare for our CA vacation...the list goes on and on. Now we leave for our vacation the morning after the party. Every thing's done for the party obviously except the decorating so not too much for me to worry about this week.

It better be a major storm tonight or I'll be a little bugged. My prayers have changed from "please let the weather hold off" to "bring it on!"

1 comment:

  1. So did the storm every hit??? We are getting a lot of rain tonight, but it is not cold enough here for it to turn into ice.

    ReplyDelete