Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Add another

Add another Drs visit to our list...this will make 7 for the week. Leland's urinalysis came back showing possible signs of kidney infection. Tomorrow morning she will have a ultrasound of her kidneys to check for signs of inflammation.

I am glad that they are not making her wait 'til she has another urinary tract infection to get an ultrasound. I'm sure things will be fine. If she does have a kidney infection we have caught it very early. Usually children with kidney problems will have high fevers and high blood pressure, luckily Leland has had neither.

We have only had a week dealing with Dr appointments, tests, and on the phone with our insurance company. It is tiring. I want to give a big HUGE shout out to my sister-in-law Charise (WOOOHOOO) who has dealt with this for the last year and half so that we could have sweet Cole apart of our family. I have gotten a small taste of your life this week on a very small scale. I love you. Thank You.

2 comments:

  1. I am totally bawling! Ashley, that is so sweet of you to say. My heart was totally there for you when you talked about all that you have gone through. The worst thing is the shots, and bloodwork. Holding a screaming baby... well, it is my worst nightmare. I cry hard every time! I am still not used to it, and I do it on an average of twice a month. It is only getting harder. Not easier. But my baby is getting stronger... so it is worth it!
    We love you!
    Good luck and give your girls hugs and kisses for us!
    Charise

    ReplyDelete