Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chasing Rainbows

I love a good summer thunderstorm. They are quick. They can be fierce. And usually, within minutes the sun is shining again as you feel the steam coming off the pavement. And sometimes, if you are lucky, you will catch the glimpse of a beautiful rainbow.Just after bath time one evening, Chuck called from work saying he could see a rainbow from his window at work. So I threw the girls in the car in search of the rainbow. (I didn't initially tell them where we were going, only that we had to be quick. Last time we went in search of rainbows, it had disappeared quickly and I slammed Leland's fingers in the car door - not my best mothering moment.) Luckily this time, we found the rainbow. When we first arrived, it was only a quarter rainbow, but within a few minutes we gazed upon a full arch.Needless to say, I had two giddy little girls on my hands. Rainbows are so magical to them and it's the simple things like seeing a rainbow for 5 minutes that just makes them so happy.

It's been almost 2 weeks since these pictures were taken and Lucy still asks, "Can we see the pretty rainbow?" every time we drive past this spot.

1 comment:

  1. Even though I am getting older...I absolutely LOVE seeing rainbows. Impressed you could see it with all these trees. :)

    ReplyDelete