Thursday, April 3, 2008

Go fly a Kite!

Did you know that April is "Fly a Kite" Month? (I learned that at the library today.)

On Wed we had a kite flying day with the Law Families club. It was fun even though there was NO wind. Most of the dads spent their time running across the field to keep the kite in the air. Leland was able to hold it for a bit while the wind was blowing. Leland loved every minute of it. Tonight Leland asked "When will it be windy so I can fly my kite again?"

FYI - From observation I learned that the $2 Wal-Mart kites flew MUCH better than the fancy expensive kites.

[Whoa, whoa, whoa - this is Chuck here to edit. I happen to run a whole lap around the field at the perfect time that there was some wind and I got the kite high enough that it caught the breeze above the buildings and trees. So, Leland got to stand and hold her kite for at least five minutes when it was in the air. At one point, it was so strong, she dropped the string and I chased it down and the kite still stayed in the air. We were the only ones to be so lucky, for that long, though. But as the picture #2 clearly shows, Leland was flying it high!]


2 comments:

  1. So fun! I am so jealous of great weather! It is starting to get nicer here. And also... Ross... I mean chuck... nice addition. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the Chuck Edit!!

    Ashley, we were at a family Gates thing this weekend and they asked about you... and a Yahoo! slipped out involuntarily! I just love you so much!

    ReplyDelete