Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Potty Training

We are trying to potty train Leland, which has become a battle. About 4 months ago she loved the potty, wanted to sit on it all the time and actually went a few times. Well then we moved to San Diego, Lucy was born, and then we moved to VA. That's a lot of changes in a little girl's life in just a few months. Now that we are settled we thought we would give it another try. I know she's not even 2 1/2 yet, but diapers are expensive.

We had a breakthrough yesterday. After sitting on the potty for 30 minutes or more (she was watching Potty Time with Elmo while sitting on the potty) she had peed. She was so excited to get a big princess sticker. I just can't convince her to sit on the potty again. I know you shouldn't force them, but I can't even persuade her. I guess I just need to be patient and let her decide on her own that she is ready. She just needs to get a job in the mean time to help pay for diapers.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Ashley! We were so excited to get a comment from you on our blog! I have now spent the past hour catching myself up on your sweet little family. I have to say I was a little sad that we were all out in California at the same time and didn't meet up. But, I am glad that you are back on the East Coast where you love to be. We are actually leaving Ca. too and moving to Seattle! You have a beautiful family and I am excited to keep up with you now that we have your blog! Keep in tough! Love, Jodee

    ReplyDelete
  2. He blogstalkers! We didn't know you had a blog. Glad to find out by reading Jodee's comments. It will be fun to keep up with you guys, we think about you every time "local politics" come up =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, no fair not telling us about your blog!!! crazy stuff these last months. too bad we were both so busy being pregnant and having newborns we never got to hang out. you're in virginia and now we're off to texas... we'll have to swap stories sometime.

    ReplyDelete