Friday, September 28, 2007

Finally have a TV

After all of our frustrations, we finally got our TV, but not without more drama. The not so friendly online rep that told me I needed to purchase a $5 gift card in order to receive a refund decided to call the store after I got off the phone with her that day. At the end of our phone call I specifically told her that we did not want a refund, we wanted our TV. So what did she do?? Told the store to give us a refund and to put that $30 back onto the gift card that I told her I did not have anymore. It has been in the trash for 2 weeks now why we have been waiting for our TV.

The next morning a really nice girl from our Wal-Mart store called me to say they finally received the TV, but she had processed the refund the night before because of the call from the online lady. Fran from the store told the online lady, Janelle, that we (the customers) do not want a refund but Janelle insisted and told her that was our only option.

Long Story Short - we went to pick up the TV, the Store mangager gave us 10% off our TV, and the online people are sending us a $25 gift card to transfer the $30 trash gift card balance onto. So in the end we got our TV for $50 cheaper than we planned.

Chuck's addition: We still support the avoidance of Walmart and Sam's Club., but the kindness of our local employees has convinced us that it is okay to shop there in emergency.

4 comments:

  1. Well, that's nice that your local people were nice to you. And yay, you got it. But why sam's club? Just because they are owned by the same people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say that I am so sorry you had to go through that. I am learning a lot about customer service at my job and I have dealt with some really annoying companies and I don't wish that upon anyone. At least you got the TV for cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you got it in time to watch The Office! Are you as happy as I am that Jim and Pam are together??!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, I was just pleased to see that Michael and Jan are together. :-D I laughed so hard at that episode.

    ReplyDelete