Saturday, September 1, 2007

No Internet

With no internet at our house yet I feel very disconnected from the world. I am in Maryland for the weekend with the girls to attend the baptism of my oldest neice, Afton. I checked my email tonight and had over 100 to go through (mostly work but some personal)

I realized we haven't posted anything to tell everyone how much we love our cute little town. I have already fallen in love with small town life. Yesterday in Wal-Mart I saw the man from the Recycling Center that had just unloaded my stuff out of my car a half hour earlier and we preceded to have a 10 min conversation about his grandkids serving in the military overseas. He was very nice and acted like I had been his neighbor for years.

We have had a thunderstorm or rain almost every evening we have been in VA. One night the power went out in WalMart while we were going through the checkout. Chuck had to unload all of our bags in the pouring down rain because the moving truck was blocking our driveway.


I have a cute little park at the top of our street that I have taken Leland to almost every day. She loves to push Lucy on the swing. Lucy is getting so big and looks nothing like Leland did as a baby. Her eyes are turning brown and she smiles and laughs all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment