Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Musical Solo Debut

Last weekend, we went to NC to visit my mom. She was asked to have her "Nana's Family and Friends" sing at a Constitution Day celebration in her town. The whole group sang "This Land is Your Land." This was the same song they sang back in April.
Not only did Leland sing, but Lucy did a great job too. She knows the motions pretty well. She was very excited to be up there with the big girls.Here is the song.

The few days prior to heading down to NC, I asked Leland if she would like to sing a song by herself in front of lots of people. To my surprise she said, "Yes!" She knows "Proud to be an American" really well, so we decided on that song. We kept prepping her that she was going to sing all by herself in front of lots of people. She seemed to be really excited about it.

I was so nervous for her when it was time for her to sing. We had been out in the sun for a few hours and she was hot and tired. She started to say she didn't want to do it, but I think when it was suddenly "her turn" she was ready to go.

She walked up to the mic and was ready to sing. There were about 75 or more people in the crowd. Now for her musical debut:


The video was pretty far away, but luckily we have some great close up pictures.

Look at the smile. She did such a great job.
Now she wants to sing for everyone. Later that night, at my mom's neighborhood block party, she asked my mom if she could sing. There were about 30 people there.

The next day we went to church at my mom's branch and they happened to have their Primary program. They had only 12 kids, ages 4 to 12 years, as a part of their program. My mom asked if Leland would be willing to sing with them, since she knows all the songs. Of course she was excited about the opportunity to sing.

Leland walked up to the front while giving us a big wave. When the music started, Leland sang at the top of her lungs, so much so that everyone started to laugh and turned to look at her parents (us!). She was the youngest, but loudest of all of them and she was on key most of the time. It was so cute, but I was a little embarrassed. She loves her Primary music. I wish that we had that whole program on video. It was great!

Our cute girls were so worn out after all that singing.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! Your girls are just so cute! And Leland's little voice just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a smart, cute, brave, girl. I just love her and miss her so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She did such an awesome job! Really Leland is a very good singer, I can't wait to hear her when she gets older. And I love the shots of her up close, they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I'm so proud of her for being so courageous and Lucy is looking so big and cute doing her actions. I sure wish they were in KAM. My favorite though is Leland's southern twang...seriously... cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She did so good. I was so proud of her... she brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete