Thursday, November 29, 2007

84% Dixie

Take this Yankee or Dixie Quiz to see what percentage Southerner you are. Be sure to only click one answer for each question before computing the final score. (If you hit the wrong one, you need to hit the 'Clear All' button and start over.)

I took the Quiz and I was a little disappointed with only 84% Dixie. I pride myself on being a Southern girl. Although I have only recently returned to the South after being gone for 10 years. I know I lived in Maryland for about 5 years but Southerns don't accept Maryland as a true southern state even though they are below the Mason Dixon Line. (I might get an ear full from my husband for that comment). When we were dating he took this picture to prove we were in the South while in MD. Marylanders do not have that Southern hospitality or the nice twang in their voice, especially if you live in Baltimore. They may be Southern when it comes to geographics, but not in their hearts.

It was fun to take the Quiz and have enjoyed seeing the scores of my sister-in-laws. Maybe after 10 days with me at Christmas will help you be a little more Dixie. (Suz - you better get 100%)

Take the quiz and post a comment with your score.

READ BELOW ONLY AFTER TAKING THE QUIZ
A few of my favorite topics:
  • How many of you seen a drive-thru liquor store? If not then you haven't been to the beach in VA or NC. Great Fun.

  • A conversation at a fast food place in the South:
  • What would you like to drink?
    A coke.
    What kind of Coke?
    What kind do you have?
    Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Mello Yello, Root Beer, Dr. Pepper (all carbonated drinks included in list)
  • Y'all really should come visit
  • 15 comments:

    1. Ok, so I took this and was 60% Yankee, actually most of my answers were Midwest/west based, obvious. Well Adam, I didn't let him see it I gave gave him the oral quiz... Oh yes, you guessed it, totally Dixie!!He moved from NC when he was only 7, it is like his first language. Have you all ever hear him say the word "naked"

      ReplyDelete
    2. Oh yeah and we had a big disagreement..On the bug, what the heck is a roly poly, oh no it is a potato bug.

      ReplyDelete
    3. It's definitely time for you two to move back to Adam's roots.

      I've never heard anyone say potato bug???

      ReplyDelete
    4. I call them potato bugs. This quiz was too fun. I'm 45% Yankee. When were were in Pennsylvania for three years we had fun figuring out their dialect. They say "Yinz" for "Ya'll". Weird. And grocery carts were "buggies" there.

      ReplyDelete
    5. This comment has been removed by the author.

      ReplyDelete
    6. That was very fun to do! And look at chuck! Staying true to his west coast roots! 46% Yankee! Also... I only know them as roly polies!

      ReplyDelete
    7. My 46% score was wrong... I did not know that you cannot change your score before computing. I was clicking on every answer to see how the message changed. According to the instructions (which I didn't read before), doing that screws up the results somehow.

      My score, when taking the quiz correctly, was actually...

      78% (Dixie). That is a pretty strong Southern score!

      That's more like what I thought it would be.

      ReplyDelete
    8. This thang ain't right. I only got 66% - Barely Dixie. Now, ya'll know I don't even vacation out of NC!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Oops! So I didn't really read the instructions very well either. This time my score was 81%... much better.

      ReplyDelete
    10. I was 82% Dixie. I do have Revolutionary and Confederate ancestors. They must be holding me back. Cute Quiz...looking forward to passing it on to my friends here in Eastern, North Carolina....

      ReplyDelete
    11. I got 48% Yankee. But we shall see what a few years in Virginia will do about that! I am actually surprised that it wasn't more Yankee. Seriously, who is going to get more Yankee then a So Cal Girl?

      ReplyDelete
    12. Mit - People in the Great Lakes area, Boston, or Long Island would score much lower.

      ReplyDelete
    13. i got 46% yankee. apparently i must have lived a previous life near the great lakes...

      ReplyDelete
    14. Hi Ashley, I've been blogstalking today and decided to take your quiz. I did it twice and came out 43-48% Yankee. How did you get to be so Southern? Fun quiz!
      Lisa Calderwood

      ReplyDelete
    15. Wow! I was really surprized. I am 56% Dixie and no surprize Alan was 43% Yankee. I thought growing up in Cali would have made me a bit more Yankee, but I guess my time in Texas and here in Virginia has added to my Southern drawl. Hehe.

      ReplyDelete