Monday, October 8, 2007

Our dear friend - Tom Rimrodt

Our dear friend Tom Rimrodt passed away on Sunday afternoon. We feel so blessed that we were able to travel to Maryland last week to visit with him and his wife Sheryl during his last days. Tom was diagnosed with a brain tumor earlier this year. We received a call on Thursday afternoon that Tom was not doing so well and was in the ICU. Within 45 minutes we were packed and on the road to Maryland. Thanks so much Kristen and the Benners for watching our girls so we could go to the hospital to visit him.
Tom & Sheryl Rimrodt, Aaron Tomarchio, Matt & Susan Power with Chuck at our wedding Open House in Feb 2004.
Tom was the first visitor after Leland was born. He came so quickly he still had his golf spikes on.







Tom and Chuck worked together at the Maryland Dept. of Planning. He was Chuck's friend, mentor, and golfing buddy. Tom and Chuck would play golf once a week for a lot of the time they worked together. I know that my husband is a better man because of his friendship with Tom.

We have many things in our home that were Tom's: our dining room table and chairs, matching banquet, a computer desk that he made, a windbreaker (it was a giveaway at a golf tournament and Tom went back to get one in my size because he thought I would use it more than he would and Chuck and I could have matching jackets), and a great beach mat (again that Tom thought I would use more than he would. I used it almost every time I went to the beach while we lived in CA).


I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of the gospel of Jesus Christ to know that my husband will see his friend Tom again one day. I know that Tom was welcomed by his loving Heavenly Father. Our thoughts and prayers are with his sweet wife Sheryl and his mother Sophia.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about this. I am glad you got out to visit him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am sorry to hear of your loss. Take care of eachother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear he passed, I know he and his wife were grateful he was surronded by frineds and loved ones during his last days.

    ReplyDelete