Monday, October 15, 2007

Funny Story

As most of you know we are trying to potty train Leland. It has been halted by many events but this may have set me back months!

We were at the mall (of course not here in Lexington, there is no mall here, but in MD) anyway, while we were there Leland says she needs to go potty. Now I know that her saying that means she really already went, but trying not to discourage her I take her to the bathroom. I went into a family restroom which is bigger than a stall so I could step away from her. Who can really go potty with another person right on top of them staring?

Well public toilets are a bit bigger than toilets at home, yes you know where I am going with this?? She fell in! All the way in (the back of her shirt was all wet) The toilet had an automatic flush so as soon as her little head dropped below the sensor it started to flush, swirling the water around her cute little bum.

Leland is crying as I pull her out of the toilet and try to dry her off. I felt really bad but was also trying not to laugh. Once Leland pulls herself together enough to talk she says "Mommy, I don't want to go swimming in the potty!"

I think I'll stick to the little potty at home for a while.

9 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! I am dying laughing here! How cute is she! So funny. How cute is she in that picture, with her dainty position, with the book covering everything, her hair done all cute, and her legs so daintly together! Oh man, I love you guys so much! (I'm still laughing).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leland might have to wear diapers to Kindergarten...How tramatic...but oh so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the joys of potty training! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Leland! She is going to be traumatized for life. Emma (who is 4 1/2) always panicks about those self-flushing toilets. When we are out, she always asks me whether or not the potty she is on flushes by itself. If so, I have to stand next to her to pull her off as soon as she is done. And she's never even fallen in! Good luck getting her back on one! BTW, have you read the Potty Training in a day book? I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Leland, What a joy! Literally I guess. I miss Leland moments and comments, Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor Leland, I love that story!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously that is so funny! I am laughing so hard! Laura said something about the potty training in a day book. Did I send you those cliff notes from Liz?

    ReplyDelete