Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My Girls


We have a great story time at our local library. They do it twice a week and there is always a theme for the week. The lady will read a few stories then there is always a craft.Last week the theme was whales. Leland kept breaking out in the "Shamu! Shamu!" chant waving her arms like a whale fin. You have to have been to a Shamu show at Sea World to understand what I mean or ask Leland sometime to show you.They made this awesome bubble maker out of a plastic cup, a piece of fabric, rubber bands, and a straw. You were also supposed to wrap this whale around the outside of the cup so it looked like bubbles were coming out of the blow hole, but Leland loved making the bubbles she wouldn't let me put the whale on.


I took Lucy to her 4 month check up last week. She is getting so big. She is almost 27 in long! That puts her in the 95th percentile. She is growing out of her 3-6 month clothes very quickly.She coos all the time and is rolling all over the place. She loves her big sister so much and yells to get her attention a lot of the time.I still can't believe how she looks nothing like Leland did at this age. My sister, Christine, thinks she looks like me as I am right now, but not how I was as a baby.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness they are SO cute!!! And how big Lucy has grown! Wow! She looks so great and beautiful. I miss you guys so much. We can't wait to see you at Christmas time!

    Love TIff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big fan of the bumbo chair, It fits the girl well. Maybe you should bag Christmas with your family and come visit us...they would like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are adorable. I agree Lucy does look like you. Today I told Leah that her favorite cousin's birthday was this weekend. Of course instead of guessing Emily, she said "It's Leland's birthday?" Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW- I can't believe you guys are out east again. Carissa and I are in Cali now (San Diego) if we knew you were here we could have looked you up. I guess we're a little slow. Glad all is well. Here is our blog address: jergyfamily.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute girls! I miss them (and you)! I can hear Leland chanting Shamu in my head.

    ReplyDelete