Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Douthat for the Day

On Saturday, the girls and I went to Douthat State Park. My friend, Kristen, and her boyfriend were coming to camp, so we hung out with them for the day. A part of me really wanted to be camping, but my good reason kicked in and I remembered that I was 9 months pregnant - sleeping on an air mattress and having to walk a distance to the bathroom every hour in the middle of the night, probably not the best idea.

It was gorgeous outside and the girls had so much fun. While we waited for them to arrive, I was able to snag them one of the campsites close to the lake. The girls had so much fun just playing in the dirt and throwing rocks in the water to see who could make the biggest splash. I love going to Douthat because it is so peaceful and relaxing.

After we ate some lunch, we headed to the beach area to swim. I didn't get to take any pictures because I was a little preoccupied making sure both my girls were safe, since Chuck didn't come with us. Lucy has NO FEAR and just wanted to do whatever she saw other kids doing. It is funny how their personalities show through during different situations. Leland was very cautious and didn't want to go too deep. Lucy on the other hand would just keep walking out farther and farther with the water up to her shoulders and I would finally have to make her turn around.

Kristen was helpful in trying to get Leland to feel more confident in the water. We did take their life jackets off and try to get them to float on their backs. Maybe, next summer I'll do swim lessons.

I couldn't get that close to Chuck's favorite restaurant and not get him some food, so I took a little detour and surprised Chuck with take out from San Juan's. Even though we missed him at our favorite place to go as a family, I am very proud of how hard he is working on finding a job and preparing for the bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment