Saturday, March 7, 2009

Gorgeous Day - in the hospital

So these are a lot of posts with no pictures, just what has been going on during our stay in the hospital. This is our family journal, so there will be lots of mundane details. This also gives me something to do while our sweet little girl sleeps the day away. We have taken lots of cute pictures, but unfortunately did not bring our photo cord, so we will have to add them later.

We all enjoyed a good night's rest, considering, and Chuck is now taking his MPRE test. He was able to get a few hours of studying in last night, then went over to the school early to try to squeeze in a little more.

Having the private room has definitely made a huge difference. It is very quiet and comfortable for all of us. Leland has done a lot of sleeping so far this morning. They came in about every hour last night to check her vitals and only once at about 4am did it actually wake her up and it took me a little while to get her back to sleep.

This morning she still is refusing to eat anything and her options were graham crackers, jello, applesauce, pudding, and even ice cream. She finally agreed to eat some applesauce, but when it came she refused and went back to sleep. We really would like to get some food into her, so they will feel comfortable about taking her off the IV and catheter to walk around. The nurse decided that we should try some anti-nausea medicine, Zofran (Meilani's BFF). Hopefully when she wakes up it will have kicked in and she will feel like eating.

We will more than likely spend one more night in the hospital, unless Leland takes a dramatic turn in her desire to eat and ability to keep things in her stomach. Lucy is still having a great time with Aunt Barbara and Uncle Rick. I'm sure she is loving all the attention.

It makes me a little sad to see Leland so out of her usual happy and excited self. I know that this is only temporary and she will be back to normal very soon.

I have been so grateful for the love and support that we have felt from friends and family. Getting all the e-cards brought tears to our eyes to see how many people took the time to send Leland a message. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment