Monday, August 11, 2008

Rocky Mount Children's Museum

We are having a fun time in NC. My sister and I met my mom in Rocky Mount to hang out with her. Suz found a Children's Museum that was about halfway between us. It was so much fun.

There was a section about the universe, germs and diseases, parts of the body, and an animal exhibit. There were a few real animals - the largest python I've ever seen, so big I wanted to throw up, a small alligator, and a touch tank with fish, horseshoe crabs, sting rays, and other sea life.

The stuffed animals must have had a sensor so that when you got close it would make the sound of that animal. Lucy would walk towards the alligator and when it would start to growl (?) she would just sit down. It was pretty amusing.

The highlight of the animal exhibit was the friendly stingray.


The first time this thing "waved" I screamed. I thought it was going to come right out of the tank.

At the parts of the body section there were models of several organs (stomach, brain, nose, eyes, etc.) I was showing them all to Leland. When we came to the nose I said, "This is what it looks like inside your nose." Leland says, "Oh that's where all the boogers are!"

The upstairs portion of the museum had mazes, foam pads to crawl on, a pony to ride, and lots of different toys. I usually don't put money in rides, but this one was only 10 cents. Leland loved the cowboy hat that she got to wear while riding the horse. This horse gave them a wild and crazy ride. I actually took Lucy off before it was over because I thought she was going to get whiplash.



We had such a great time. Thanks for meeting us Mom!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! The girls played so sweetly with each other. The sting ray was such a hoot. You all are such wonderful young mothers. I love how you enjoy your children and each other. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete