Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Snow Day

Last Thursday (Jan 17) we got a big snow of a few inches. Leland was so excited when she woke up -- she pressed her face to the glass of the back door and asked to play in the snow. After being out for a few minutes she came back wanting her sunglasses because the snowglare was getting in her eyes. What a crazy girl?!

Leland's sunglassesChuck was great to take her outside and play even though he was still a little sick. His classes were canceled for the day so he got to be with us all day.

After Chuck was getting worn out he tried to convince Leland it was time to go in. She was having too much fun and convinced her Dad to take her to the park. So they walked down the unplowed street to the park. Her slick snow pants helped her fly down the slides.

They also made snow angels and threw snow balls at me when I came out to take pictures.

I enjoyed all the fun from the warm indoors (I was still sick) and prepared some hot chocolate for when they finally came inside. (Mitzi - Aren't you excited to have snow right in your backyard and not have to drive 45 min just so your kids can experience it?)

2 comments:

  1. So cute! We have had LOTS of snow the past 2 weeks. I don't know how I feel about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO!! I like to have it on my terms! that is a whole lot of snow in those photos!

    ReplyDelete