Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Williamsburg

Chuck's mom (Grammy) came for the weekend to spend time with our girls while Chuck and I went to Williamsburg to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We are so grateful that she was able to come and that her flights worked out flying stand-by on 3 flights each way.

We had a fun trip. We went out to eat both nights (Red Lobster and Red, Hot, and Blue both of my favorites). It is so fun to go out to restaurants without the kids tagging along. We could have a nice relaxing dinner, actually take our time, and talk to one another while eating. We had a nice hotel suite with 2 TVs, full kitchen, fireplace, huge jet tub, and a king bed. We walked around historic Williamsburg but it was getting dark so our pictures didn't turn out great.

The girls had so much fun with Grammy and I think it was great for them to develop more of a relationship with her. This was her sound asleep on our couch about 2 hours after we got home. I think they all wore each other out.

Thanks to especially Grammy, but also my mom for being willing to come if we needed her last minute. Thanks to John G for coming to our house late at night so that I could get Grammy from her 1 1/2 hour-delayed flight and not get our girls out of bed. Thanks to Spencer & Heidi for letting her borrow their car so she wasn't stuck at the house the whole time.

All of you helped with a wonderful weekend. We are so blessed to have such great families and friends.

2 comments:

  1. Did you happen to stay at the Marriott Vacation Club that is an old mansion converted into a hotel by chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Grammy!! I know it is hard work but we love it. This weekend, I had one child (Emily)for half the time and I was worn out too.

    ReplyDelete