Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Leland

This week our Leland Joy turned 4 years old. I can't believe how big she is getting. She is so much fun and always excited about everything. Her enthusiasm is infectious. She absolutely adores her little sister and is very excited about the new sibling joining us in a few more months.

We celebrated her birthday with her cousins the weekend before her birthday. In the weeks leading up to her birthday, she kept telling me that she wanted a blueberry birthday cake. I wasn't sure how I was going to pull that off, but it worked out great to do a breakfast feast for her. We made blueberry muffins and stacked them up like a cake for her to blow out her candles. We also had a big bowl of blueberries along with lots of other breakfast items. It was fun to celebrate her birthday with cousins again this year. (I'm sad I didn't get any good pictures of all the cousins at breakfast, but that's to be expected with all the craziness that entails feeding 8 kids.)

We celebrated back at home on her actual birthday by going out to Red Robin, a visit to Target for her to pick out her presents (a watch and wallet), and a trip to the mall. The mall is somewhere she always asks to go and we rarely do because it's 45 mins away.



Leland's facial expressions crack me up in this video. She goes from excitement for the ice cream sundae, to astonishment that our waitress was yelling to everyone that it was her birthday, to a little shy while they were singing. She is just so much fun!

We discovered a store called Puppy Love in the mall that sells puppies. The girls loved watching the puppies. I couldn't believe that I heard the words "It almost makes you want to take a puppy home" actually come out of my husband's mouth.

It was such a fun evening together as a family to celebrate Leland's birthday.

A look back at Leland's birthdays:

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted pictures from her birthdays. How crazy to see her the same age as Ella. What a cutie! Happy birthday Leland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Leland - can't believe how quickly those years have flown. Hmm..... so maybe we need to start a KAM program out here! What do you think? Do you have any videos of a performance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Leland! I can still picture her as a little one year old! Time flies! I also get teary eyed thinking about leaving the place I have called "home" for so many years. It is like no matter how excited you are to be returning to where you love I'm going to miss my time that Collins was in school. Did we ever think we would survive these years in law school lol? Me calling you, you calling Chuck, Chuck telling Collins Tallon had a seizure. Good times! Sorry for the rambling there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Leland! I can't believe how much she has changed and grown up over the years. What a fun girl she is growing up to be!

    ReplyDelete