Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Chuck testifies before the SD City Council

On Monday afternoon, I testified before the San Diego City Council on an environmental protection issue. I had three minutes to talk. I was very nervous the first minute, but by the end I felt much more comfortable. Ashley and Leland watched the meeting on TV at home with Leland screaming at the TV, "That's my daddy!" In the end the Council voted the way that we advocated and I was pleased.

If you want to know more about the issue, you can read the local news articles (Voice of San Diego or San Diego Union-Tribune).

If you would like to see a video of my testimony, you can see it from the City's archive of meetings. My testimony begins at 3:01:35 of the 7/16 meeting, so drag the cursor past the first three hours of video.

1 comment: