Sunday, August 16, 2009

Getting on with our lives

We are moving to Richmond in just 5 days! We finally found a house to rent yesterday after looking for 3 full days. Chuck had a massive spreadsheet going of 37 different possibilities, 15 of those we toured and the other 22 we only peeked in windows or drove by. We drove ALL around Richmond and they all started to run together. Luckily, Chuck had done a little video with our camera in front of each house while talking about it, so we could keep them all straight. He had to know he was getting the best bang for our buck. We ended up finding a great house for a great deal (even less than we currently pay in Lexington). It was worth all the work.

Today was our last Sunday in Lexington at church. It's always sad to say goodbye to those that have been such great friends and examples over the last few years. We have absolutely loved it. We know that great things lie ahead for us in Richmond and are excited to start this next phase in life.

Last week, after we finally committed to the Richmond job, I was feeling particularly down about moving and I happened to read this talk from General Conference. I realized that in order to get on with our lives and move out of the student phase and back into the career phase of our lives we needed to move. I have loved every moment about living in Lexington, and I have loved things about every place that we have lived. We have had a child born in each place - Baltimore, California, Lexington - which makes each one special.

I'm particularly grateful for the friendships that have been bonded here. I know that I will keep in touch with many of you for many years. I'm excited for the friends and adventures that lie ahead.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you guys! You both deserve all the best and every happiness available. You're such wonderful friends and I'm so glad we were able to share some of our best life experiences with you. Good luck in Richmond, I know everyone there will just love having you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been waiting for this post! Glad that Chuck updates his facebook status so that I can know what's going on with you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and congrats! Moving is hard but I am sure in no time you will be loving life in Richmond.

    ReplyDelete