Saturday, March 31, 2012

Monument Ave 10k

Last year I had so much fun running the Monument Ave 10k that I decided to do it again. A few weeks before the race we discovered that I was pregnant and I figured since I had been preparing for the 10k for a while, my body would be fine (and it was).

It was a great race despite the drizzle of rain most of the race. It's always fun to have such a cheering squad waiting for you near the finish line.
Crossing the finish line. I was a little bummed when I realized I was just barely over my time from last year (I wanted to do it faster), but then Chuck reminded me that I just ran a 10k 9 weeks pregnant, so I felt better. 

I'm so grateful for Heidi & Josh and my sister Christine all did the race with me. It's become a fun tradition for our family. Can two years in a row become a tradition already so that now we need to do it every year?
We hit up Sweet Frog on the way home which is always a hit with cousins, but not such a hit with a preggo lady that just ran a 10k. Chuck had to pull off the side of the road for me to puke on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment