Sunday, September 4, 2011

2 years old

Charly turned two at the beginning of July, but she thinks she just turned six. She thinks that she is big enough to do anything her sisters are doing. Most of the time she does pretty good at keeping up with them. I am amazed at how strong she is.

I can't believe how much she has grown recently. When we went to her two-year check-up and she sat there in her diaper on the table waiting for the doctor, she looked like a little girl with actual rolls on her legs. None of my girls were ever chubby babies with rolls. I could hardly believe that she was the same child that weighed a mere 14.5 lbs from 4 months to 10 months old or that I had to take her in for weight checks every two weeks. I remember being so stressed when she fell off the growth chart and would just cry and pray that she would grow. It was so exciting when she finally hit the growth chart again when she was almost one. Well I'm so excited to say that she has caught back up! She is in the 75th percentile for height and weight!!! The doctor asked, "Is this really the same child we were so worried about this time last year?" We never figured out what was causing her lack of growth, but we are glad that her body figured it out on its own.


This little girl is such a joy to our family.

She has no fear and loves to jump onto, off of, or into anything.  (I had some great pictures of her jumping into the pool, but I can't seem to find them and think they may have accidentally gotten erased. Oh, well.)

Her favorite phrases to say are: "I do it!" and "Watch this!" which usually is followed be her jumping off of something. I'm amazed every day at the new things that she says and talks about.

When our other 2 girls where at this age, we were in the "lack of sleep from a newborn fog" and I really don't remember how much fun a two year old can be. She is hilarious and so excited to learn new things and new words. She is so in love with her sisters and loves her independence. I think I allow her to do some things I did not let my older girls do because she usually has her older sisters there with her holding her hand.

She is was one lucky girl to have such wonderful sisters and I am one lucky woman to be their mother.

1 comment: