Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wedding in NY

The weekend after Thanksgiving we all headed north to New York for my cousin, Cody's wedding. It's been a long time since all of my cousins have been together at one time.

My grandmother was an only child and she had 3 daughters (3 son-in-laws) and now has 7 grandchildren (plus 4 spouses) and 9 great-grandcildren. She was so cute and excited about all of us having our picture taken.
The whole family
Leland was a flower girl in the wedding with her cousin Nick as the ring bearer. They were so adorable. She was so excited about it but, looked so nervous when she actually came down the isle.
My cute uncle wore that same cowboy hat on the day that he and my aunt were married. When I was a teenager, I spent the summer in New York with my uncle and cousins while my aunt was helping with a sick family member. That was one of my most memorable summers. One of the friends I made 15 years ago were at the wedding. It was fun to see her.
We hired a babysitter to watch all the kids, so it was a fun date night with my sisters and their husbands at the reception.
Poor Chuck got a little teary listening to my uncle talk about his only daughter getting married. He says "and I have to do this at least 3 times in my life, geez!"
 
Cross Women
Taking family pictures in freezing cold temperatures.
All the kids had so much fun together. We rented a large lake house so we could all stay together. It was a blast.
enjoying chocolate cake and yummy root beer
Nana was in heaven with all the grandkids in one house.
play-doh creations and playing in the light snow flurries
We miss our cousins!

1 comment:

  1. Leland's Hair looks so cute and curly. How did you get the labels on your picasa collage with a white border?

    ReplyDelete